Friday, April 12, 2013

How Do You Pack For A Trip?

"How You Packin?"
 (Insert Joey Tribiani Voice from Friends.)





  


So my cousin is on a cruise this week. From New Orleans to Key West, Freeport and Nassau,Bahamas . Yes I told her I was jealous and begged her to bring me with her. I even told her she could hide me in her luggage. But she left me here and went to have fun in the sun without me :( 
I went on the same cruise this past January, and I know how much fun she is having, while I sit here, in rainy, windy, cold, and pollinating  South Louisiana.
A few days before she left I texted her asking her just one more time to bring me along. And we got on the subject of packing. I am an avid roller of clothes. It gives you more room and it is just plain easier, I think anyway. B is a folder. I tried to convert her but it wasn't happening. She was able to fit 7 days worth of clothes including 8 bathing suits into 1 suitcase. B is obviously the Houdini of packing because I don't know if I could have pulled that off. For the same cruise I went on in January I had 1 28' suitcase, a carry-on, and a duffel (plus my camera bag, I don't go anywhere without my camera!) The Suitcase was all clothes, the carry-on was shoes and hair stuff, the duffel was misc things. But by some freaky magic spell she was able to fit all hers in just one bag. I believe I will have to get her to show me how she did this when she gets home.
There are so many different ways of packing. Rolling, folding, and some people even arrange their clothes together by outfit (including jewelry) and put it all neatly in a zipper bag and write the day of the week on it. Like a coworker said "But what if I get there and its Monday and I don't want to wear whats in the Monday bag, I want to wear whats in the Thursday bag! Then what do I do?"

So fellow travelers I ask: How do you pack? 

P.S. B gets 5 out of 5 Suitcases for her packing skills! Even though she only uses 1!



5 comments:

  1. I usually just throw everything in a suitecase and pray where I am staying has an iron!

    -Guess Who!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had seven dinner outfits, eight bathing suits, bathing suit covers, four pairs of shoes, four daytime outfits for the days of not wanting to wear a bathing suit, sleep clothes, all of my bathroom stuff, blow dryer, straightener, a couple cans of sunscreen, an extra purse (for the days I would need a brown one), and the bag that we brought off of the ship on port days all on my one suitcase :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg B! You are totally the packing Ninja! What size suitcase?

      Delete
    2. A large one lol. I guess it's probably about 28 inches maybe. But I still had a lot of room to spare in there. I had souvenirs and other stuff added to it on the way home and still had room left over. I learned how to pack efficiently for the first cruise I went on.

      Delete
  3. Next time I go on a cruise you HAVE to come help me pack!

    ReplyDelete