Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Pinspiration Wed. # 3

I am really starting to love Pinspiration Wed. Oh don't act surprised, ya'll know I'm addicted to Pinterest. This weeks Pin is of my favorite place in the world. I have never been there but someday, I will.
In Southern Germany (Bavaria to be exact) just outside of the small town of Hohenschwangau, you will find Neuschwanstein Castle.
Built in the mid to late 1800's by King Ludvig II. Neuschwanstien sits on a mountian like a real life fairy tale castle. The foundation stones were laid on September 5, 1869 by King Ludvig II. Unfortunately, he died suddenly in 1886 before construction had been completed. Just 7 weeks after the kings death,  the castle was opened to visitors.
I fell in love with Neuschwanstien when I was in high school. After seeing a picture of it in one of my German vocabulary books (German was my second language in high school). It is definitely #1 on my bucket list. See that mountain there? I'm going to hike up it while singing "The Hills are alive with the sound of music........."
All while wearing  Lederhosen & clogs, and eating a  piece of german chocolate cake. :)

To see my other travel pins go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment