Monday, May 13, 2013

Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?

Look at this stuff Isn't it neat?
Now that song is stuck in your head isn't it?  You know it is. Here you go....


When we travel we all want to bring a little piece of our destination home with us. That way when we are home and wanting to relive our trips we have something to remind us of all the fun times we had. For some it is post cards, others like snow globes, or coffee mugs. As for me I collect pins. Those little lapel pins that you can find pretty much everywhere. I always try to get one from everywhere that I visit, and lately if family and friends go on a trip they bring one back for me. Like my cousin D who recently went on a trip with his college baseball team to Texas. He brought me back a Texas State pin. 

I have so many of them now that I put them on a canvas that you would use for painting. That sure was a fun project. I went to the fabric store and found some pretty fabric and used my Dad's staple gun to cover the frame and I have it hanging on my wall like a picture.While I was sitting in the middle of my floor with the electric staple gun (which I had never used before) my dad passed down the hallway, looked at me like I was insane, then said " I'm going in the living room before you either staple yourself to the floor, or ask me for help!"  My response was, "This is easier then it looks!" Oh & "Bite me!" (Yea I know you are totally shocked that I would talk to him like that... ha) And just like Karma was watching me I almost stapled my fingernail to the frame. O_O


Here is the finished product! Isn't it awesome? 
The most recent additions are the ones I got when I was in Nashville last month. The one from Belle Meade Plantation is really pretty. And I have to say the ones that I got in Key West this past January are some of my favorites especially the one from The Hemingway Home & Museum.


P.S. I can't wait till I can go to Germany someday, because I'm sure the pins from Neuschwanstien Castle are beautiful! I am pretty sure that then my collection would be complete. 


Happy Trails!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete