Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pinspiration Wed.

This weeks pin is a place that I have always wanted to visit. 
In Natchez, MS you will find this beautiful home.....


An Octagonal home, it's story is pretty interesting. Construction was started in 1860, and with the exterior mostly finished and work progressing on the interior of the home, the construction site was abandoned by the craftsmen when the Civil War began. 
Now you can tour the home and gardens. Inside they say you can see where the carpenters left their tools when the war started.  The basement of the home was finished by that time and was lived in by the family of a Dr. Haller Nutt. 

Does it look familiar to anyone???? 
Who out there is a TrueBlood fan???!!! 
Longwood plantation was used by the HBO show as Russel Edgington's Palace! .. Season 3.. Check it out! 
Looks like they must have used it for exteriors only as the inside is unfinished. I wonder where they shot the interiors at?? 

Want to see my other travel pins? 
Well go Here if you do! 
:)

Oh and did I mention that this place is just a few hours drive from my home... Looks like I will be making a trip soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment