Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Yer a Wizzard Harry!

A few weeks ago when I went to Orlando, I had the chance to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The moment I walked through the turnstile at Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, I was looking for "PotterLand" as I like to call it. Then, off in the distance,there it was, I could see it, Hogwarts Castle! And off I went across the park on my quest to find a pin, from PotterLand, for my board. OMG I was so excited!
Hogwarts Castle!
How awesome is that?! While I'm sure it's smaller then the real one, it's still such an amazing sight.
 The Entrance to the "PotterLand" area
 Hogsmeade rooftops, I love this picture. 

I walked and shopped while my friends rode rides. It was just so cool. All of the shops and restaurants really looked like they were out of the movies. Right down to Zonkos and Olivanders Wand Shop. There are 3 rides in the Harry Potter area. Two are roller-coasters and there is one simulated ride which is housed inside of the replica of Hogwarts Castle.
But the best part was finding this!

I waited in line, in the heat,  close to 20 minuets for ButterBeer. And OMG it was sooooo worth it. I opted for the frozen over the soda. It was so good. The best way to describe it is that it's sort of like a frozen cream soda float all blended up.
Since I have been home I have found a few recipes, some of which look pretty promising. I will definitely be making some soon!
And of course I have a shinny new pin for my board, It's the Hogwarts Crest and it's all sparkly and shinny and  bejeweled and stuff. And I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment