Tuesday, November 12, 2013

RoadTrip SoundTrack

Every good roadtrip needs a soundtrack. Something to sing along (in my case, usually badly) to while you drive. There are so many good road trip songs out there. 
I tend to have what my family refers to as Music A.D.D. I love music, music of all kinds. Anything from country to rap, metal, pop, & well pretty much everything else including Broadway Musical scores and old 80's Hairbands. 

I have noticed over the years that a good roadtrip soundtrack can vary depending on who you are traveling with. If I am with my family its usually old country and some blues with some Michael Buble` and Elton John mixed in there somewhere. If I am with friends, well there really is no rhyme or reason to what we listen to. Just whatever we are in the mood for, sometimes Metalica, sometimes Garth Brooks or even REO Speedwagon. 

I tried to come up with a top 20 song list but I failed miserably because well lets face it, it was ending up to be a top 150 (seriously). I enlisted some help, and who better to ask for help with a musical emergency but a musician. Skot Bradley  is an extremely talented guy who is living now in Nashville TN. We met Skot last January while on our cruise to Key West and the Bahamas. So with some help from him I have come up with a list of must listen to albums for your next RoadTrip.

Garth Brooks - Live Album
Darius Rucker - True Believers
Lie To Me - Jonny Lang
 Poets and Prisoners - Granger Smith
The Gold Album - Prince
VH1 Storytellers - Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson
Pride - Living Colour
Paradise Valley - John Mayer
Jaron and the Long Road to Love - Getting Dressed in the Dark
Journey - Lourney's Greatest Hits
Kenny Chesney - Be As You Are
Highway Rider - Brad Mehldau
Wheelhouse - Brad Paisley
Areosmith - Big Ones
Bon Jovi - Cross Road
George Straight - Lead On
Guns and Roses - Appetite for Distruction
Goat Rodeo Sessions - Chris Thile, Yo Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, and Edgar Meyer
Triology - Kenny Garrett
Lionel Richie - Tuskegee
Marc Broussard - Carencro
Matchbox Twenty - Yourself or Someone Like You
Meriwether - Make Your Move
Michael Buble` - Crazy Love
Zack Brown Band - The Foundation

There you have it, a top 25 Albums to Plan your RoadTrip Soundtrack to.

And since he is such a super cool talented guy I am posting the link to Skot's latest music video! Enjoy! I am sure you will be adding his tunes to your own RoadTrip Soundtracks soon! :)

 








2 comments: