Monday, July 7, 2014

San Anotonio

Here I am, one week back from my San Antonio trip and finally able to blog. Ya'll It was awesome. But the heat Oh Lawd the Heat! Guess I should have known that San Antonio in late June was going to be hotter then the surface of the sun. And all the going from the heat to the cold AC and back and forth of course made me sick. I lucked out and didn't get sick while there but I ended up with a sinus infection & tonsillitis on the way home that has now lasted a week. Don't be jealous, I always bring home the best souvenirs.. lol..  But seriously, other then the heat and the getting sick it was a great trip.
I have decided to break the trip up into a few different posts.
So lets get the low down on food first... `cause Oh Man did we find some great places while we were  there.
  1. Maria Mia Mexican Bistro this was hands down the best Mexican Food I have ever had.. I do not have a picture of it to show you because it didn't even last long enough to take a picture of. I had Flautas and fajitas... It was amazing. It is located in the RiverWalk and you can sit outside on the terrace by the river or you can sit inside. We opted not to sit outside because it was hotter then Hades outside but we sat next to a large window and we could see the river and the boats passing. It was very nice. The staff was wonderful!
  2. Texas Pride BBQ   BBQ at its finest ya'll. Seriously! I think its some of the best I've ever had. You chose what you want and they slice it right in front of you. We were a little perplexed as to what to get so the guy slicing (Seth was his name, I told him I'd give him a shout out for being so awesome) suggested we get a sampling of a few different things. We had Brisket (I would have been happy with just that, it was the best brisket ever) Sausage, ribs, and Turkey (yes you read that right TURKEY) Smoked Turkey is DaBomb! When you visit San Antonio make sure you visit Texas Pride BBQ you will not be disappointed. The only draw back for me was their Gift Shop wasn't open & ya'll know I love me a gift shop. Guess Ill just have to make another trip! 

Texas Pride BBQ 

 Now that's some awesome BBQ... Get the Turkey and Brisket, you can thank me later! 


And because who can go to San Antonio and not listen to some good old Country music!
 Ms. Patsy Cline, AKA the Queen of Country Music


No comments:

Post a Comment