Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Viva Las Vegas!

I really do not know where to begin with Vegas. It was such a good trip and I am so happy I went. It was everything you would expect Las Vegas to be, It was loud, crowded, noisy, and busy. But it was wonderful. I have to say that the thing that stressed me out the most was the flight. But that is mainly because I had never flown before. As soon as the plane took off I was fine. In fact I loved it. Can't wait to book my next flight, just have to figure out where to!
Our flight was early way earlier then I am used to getting up. My body was seriously in shock. It was like "But where's the sun?!?" We left New Orleans at 6:30 am our time and the flight was roughly 3 & 1/2 hours long. Which put us in Vegas around 9:30 am or so New Orleans time, but Vegas is an hour behind so it was really 8:30 their time. And let me tell you something. Las Vegas may very well be the city that never sleeps, but they should also consider calling themselves the city that never EATS! For Real! We got to our hotel at around 9:30 or so Vegas time and there was nothing open. Not one restaurant. Well they did have one open in the food court but we had been up for so long that we wanted lunch and not the breakfast that they were serving. Apparently none of the normal places open until 11am in Vegas so we had to wait. Keep in mind we had at that point been awake for lets say about 6 hours and I had not eaten or had any coffee. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that we are lucky I didn't get really cranky. ha
It was worth that waiting though. Let me tell ya'll what. The Johnny Rocket's in the Las Vegas Flamingo Hotel is the absolute best burger joint I have been to.
I mean..... Just look at it... Look.... You know you're jealous..... It was so good.... Nomnomnomnom

Our hotel, The Flamingo Las Vegas, was awesome. They say, The Flamingo wasn't built on the Las Vegas Strip, the Strip was built around the Flamingo. Its one of the oldest hotels there and was originally owned by Mobster Buggsy Segal. Pretty cool huh? 
It was a beautiful place with very friendly staff. I do have to mention that I did see something pretty cool. One day while walking through the lobby to get back to our room. I saw hotel staff all standing around in a circle with I am guessing maybe the General Manager standing in the center. He was reading out-loud good comments and reviews that people had either posted on TripAdvisor or the hotels website or just online in general.After each one the group would cheer and clap.  That was awesome to acknowledge their staff that way is pretty cool. I loved that. Made me glad I was staying there knowing they treat their staff with such respect and gratitude That was cool and I liked it. In the service industry all the employees get sometimes is just the negative. It is awesome that they show them the positive to and do it publicly. Because they rock. 
Everyone we met while there was always smiling, helping with directions, or show times. And the housekeeping ladies were funny and friendly. 
The main reason we stayed there was because the show that we went to Vegas to see for my friends birthday was there at the Flamingo. The Donnie and Marie Show. It was an amazing show! I cannot say enough about it. They were just awesome. Such talented people and funny. It was so good we saw it twice. We were able to meet them after one  show and they are just as nice as they are talented. They talked and took pictures and signed autographs. 
If you are in Vegas and get the opportunity to see Donny and Marie, just do it! You will love them. So entertaining, there's a reason they have been voted the best show in Vegas for the last 3 years. They did old stuff, new stuff, covers of stuff, they did Broadway stuff you name it they did it. It was so awesome. 
And look I caught Marie Guitar pics! :) 

But what I wanted was her shoes. Omg that lady wears some amazing shoes during their show.. All sparkely and shinny and heels oh my! (I mean come on, we all know my favorite color is sparkle!) 

While we were there we did manage to cram allot of stuff into just the few days we were going to be there.. all in all we saw 4 shows:
Donny & Marie x 2
Legends  (Also at the Flamingo)- When in Vegas you have to see a impersonator show it's like law or something right? Who goes to Vegas and doesn't see Elvis, I mean come on, really..
Veronic Voices - This was another really good show. She does impersonations of female singers voices. One woman 50 Voices. She went from Whitney Huston to Britney Spears to Joan Jett and Adel in the matter of minuets.

We also went to the MGM Grand and did the CIS Experience. and went just down the block to M&M World.

Went to the Mob Museum. Learned about the history of Vegas and the Mob. Pretty interesting stuff. To get there we took a buss form the hotel, it was sort of a hop on hop off shuttle bus that went all over Vegas. Got some pretty good pictures form the bus. I will have to make a separate post of pictures since there are so many.


It was such a fun trip and I will definitely be going back.

And in keeping with my musical tradition I have two videos for ya today.... How about first some old school Donny and Marie....


And last but not at all least, the King himself.........Because.......... Viva Las Vegas!!



No comments:

Post a Comment