Sunday, September 28, 2014

Up, Up, and Away!

I love traveling, always have. Some of my favorite childhood memories are of big family vacations, caravaning  across the US. With 20 or so  family members and a line of cars. From Tennessee to San Antonio, Arkansas to Florida and well basically everywhere in-between. I can remember pulling up at Graceland and being so excited to sit in the Pink Jeep from Blue Hawaii with my Godmother and take a picture. Screaming when the Zebra at the Wildlife Ranch tried to stick its head in the car window, (While my parents laughed and took pictures by the way). And well so many other memories that in themselves should be their own Blog posts, so more on that to come. 
While I have always been fascinated with traveling, it has always been the same for me. Only Road-trips or Cruises. Yes that's it. No flying for me. Never have, and always said that I likely would never fly, unless it was to a place that I REALLY wanted to go and only if a road trip was not possible.
About a week ago I finally caved. Yes people. I flew. Got on a plane and went to Las Vegas. It was awesome! The flight itself was not near as bad as I expected. While I admit the whole packing for flying thing really threw me for a loop. Good Lord! Only certain things allowed in your carry-ons, checked bags limited in weight, What to bring, what to leave home. I am a notorious over packer so it was difficult for me. 
We had an early morning flight out of New Orleans direct to Las Vegas. It was definitely different for me. Going through security wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Actually went pretty quickly, and I'm glad to know my tweezers and toothbrush aren't a matter of national security. 
I will admit that for a few days leading up to the trip I was very nervous about flying. But as soon as I took my seat I was fine. I sat by the window and spent just about the entire flight taking pictures and looking at the changing landscape. Did you know they fly over the Grand Canyon going into and out of Vegas. It was beautiful! 
Not a bad pic for being taken with my crappy old iPhone 4 eh?

 On the way home.... The Grand Canyon just before sunset.
Dallas, at night, from the air..... Soooooooo pretty! (Well honestly I have never seen anything from the air at night so I'm sure more seasoned flyers are laughing at that but so what! I still thinks it's pretty... lol)


All - in - all I would say it was a success! 
So, where are we flying to next??????



No comments:

Post a Comment