Thursday, September 11, 2014

Wildlife Ranch, San Antonio Texas

San Antonio was so much fun. Such a beautiful city with so much to see and do. One of the things I knew I had to see while I was there was to visit the Wildlife Ranch. It is a Wildlife preserve that is home to a gaggle of animals. From Giraffes to Lamas, and even Texas Longhorns.
As a little girl on a trip with my family my parents brought me there. It was one of the most traumatic experiences I had as a child. (Well except for that time I got lost in that Hotel in Arkansas for 4 hours, but that's a whole other story) You see, all of the animals roam around freely. You drive through the preserve in your car, with the windows rolled down and when you purchase your admission they give you bags of feed. So the animals come right up to your car and eat sometimes right out of your hand. On my first trip there. I was traumatized by a Zebra. FYI Zebras are jerks. They bite, they are rude and they stick there entire heads through your window and steal the feed bag right out of your hand... And as a 4 year old child It scared me for life!
But any-who! I decided to give the place another try.. and I am glad I did.
Once we arrived and got our tickets (and bags of feed) we drove in. It is a one way road through the entire place, about 4 miles long and has many different areas, some of the animals are separated I am assuming because they cannot all play together nicely.
As we were driving in we spotted our first animal. A Buffalo who knew how this shindig works, lets just call him Gus. Well Gus stood at the front of the line of cars and slowly mozzied his way to each car getting his fill of feed from each.
"Excuse me ladies, do you have any Grey Pu Pon?"
 
After giving Gus there his fill of feed we drove on. Our next encounter was with a Texas Longhorn who had taken up residence right smack dab in the middle of the road blocking us and not allowing cars to pass. As when you did he would swing his big ol` horns every so slowly, and preventing you from passing. He was also Mean Mugging everyone... We actually had to call the emergency pone number provided by the parks service because we sat there for 15 mins not able to pass cause he was being a Bully (see what I did there? lol) How about we call him Brutus the Bull.. Yea he looked like a Brutus to us. What do you think?
 "You shall not pass!"
 
After that is was pretty much smooth sailing Lots of different animals. Some eating right out of our hands. Some that wouldn't come near the cars, some that would stick thier whole heads inside the car to say hello.
 "Helloooooo"

 Bambi!
 No clue what this was but it stunk to high heaven.
 Can you see the deer?
 "Heyyyyy Whasup???"
"You Talking to me????"

And last but not least the Zebras... Jerks.... 

 TOLD YA!!!

Sorry Dude... No Feed For YOU!! Move Along Little Doggie!


We did have fun... Infact I don't think I have laughed that much in a good long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment